Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sleepy time workout

Not having an adequate night's sleep is lousy for working out.You just feel sleepy,and slightly out of it.Maybe more than slightly.
It happens to people for different reasons.Some can't fall asleep,some can't stay asleep. Some fall asleep,wake up and thrash around for an hour then fall back asleep,and over sleep and feel like crap.
I almost always fall asleep fine.I wake up to pee,and can't fall back asleep sometimes.My brain just won't let me back down.Then my cat comes into the bedroom,and finishes the job by sitting on me.I don't blame my cat.I'm her servant.She needs things.Sigh.

That happened today.I was about two hours short of my usual eight hours.So I just got up,and got on with my day.
I was very sleepy,and was feeling the aches and pains.Two cups of coffee.
But I had a leg day scheduled,and was determined to do it.I watched a few videos on YouTube to put me in a better frame of mind.Warmed up my legs.Rubbed on a little Aspercreme,and hit the stationary bike.I did about five minutes of intense on and off sprints.Felt much better,and ready to go.
I did a strong leg workout.Deep squats.Good weights.Did some work on the hamstrings,and calves too.Not an overlong workout.About an hour and fifteen minutes.
I was sleepy when I started,and satisfied when I was through.

It's not about feeling like it.It's about doing it.

That's one of the great lessons of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment