Thursday, March 2, 2017

Martina Navratilova squatting at 60 years of age.

As a weight lifting enthusiast,and a tennis fan,I get a kick out of this.They often call tennis a sport for a lifetime.Weight lifting can be an activity for a lifetime too.
I remember seeing Martina for the first time when I was a teen and thinking "A tennis player has calves like that!"I watched the US Open that year to see her play...and just kept watching tennis for the rest of my life.I became a deep fan of the sport because of her.Funny thing.But my love of muscle made me a tennis fan.My attention was caught.Then the whole wonderful sport got me.
And I wish more older people would have her commitment to fitness.

Martina squatting with a Wimbledon towel wrapped around the bar.

Weights on the bar.
She's been a skier since childhood.Her natural father was a ski instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment